Thursday, October 22, 2009

Meanwhile in Hudson: Photos 2007-2008

 

Photo’Journalism?’


If a picture can be a thousand words, what could a series of pictures put to music do?  Perhaps the answer is in the numbers; stringing together angles on a photo when taking that photo isn’t necessarily a bad thing when if you take those angles and put them  back together in a slideshow.  I know that what I’m seeing is the perspective I was looking for when snapping the shots - and looking at this the full unedited version I see  a definite future in this practice.  I was even tempted at one point to start filling in the captions with lines that could make a completely random, however the perspectives are collected, poem.  Not perfection, but more like what you’re really looking at.  This is an intensely personal study of things - as the eyes look for something else in what’s there. How you see this defines your approach  - as much as seeing it for me made me realize what it was. 

 

Adding captions in the next one will be part of the process, but I like this one for that.

J.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment